Jamie's Blog

Friday, May 18, 2007

Image Mosaic Generator



The above picture of me, was created using the Image Mosaic Generator. You can upload any image, and it will build a mosaic from flickr images using your image as a base. Pretty cool.
Once your image is complete, a link to download it is placed at the top of the page. Tools like this one really show the power of open platforms. Flickr has no functions like this. It is simply an image post site. But by opening up its API, cool niche applications like this can be built.

Image Mosaic Generator

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • What would be even cooler is if they had some kind of mouse-over effect on the tile images to pop them out for closer scrutiny.

    I suggest you get on developing that right away.

    By Blogger Darrell, at May 22, 2007 8:17 AM  

  • Umm... yeah, I'll get right on that. Right after I finish all of the other work I have putting off. Like mowing my grass. At the moment it's reached my chest and I'm a little scared to walk in my backyard.

    By Blogger Jamie Barrows, at May 22, 2007 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home