Jamie's Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Rattlesnake bite horror


This post is a little more on the gross and gruesome side. Justin Schwartz was bitten by a rattlesnake while on a hiking trip in Yosemite National Park, California. He was bitten very badly on the palm of his hand. The venom of the snake bite ate away and killed the flesh of his palm and lower arm. It took over 13 surgeries to restore his hand an lower arm back to usefulness after the bite.
At each step, Justin and his relatives documented his recovery with pictures and descriptions of what had been done to his hand. The pictures are amazing, though they are also a little gross looking.
Check out his story here:Justin's Rattlesnake bite, and for the pictures look here: Justin's Rattlesnake bite pictures.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • 1.) Very bad for a 13 (now 15) year old boy.

    2.) Good luck in bad luck that the doctors and nurses succeeded in saving the arm / hand.

    3.) A "nice" documentation of the very good and extensive work made by the surgeons.
    Respect!

    4.) Better to inform how to keep off the snakes when crossing their habitat.

    By Anonymous Alexander, at August 17, 2007 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home