Jamie's Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Memory editing using drugs?



Found this article about some scientists that were able to erase a specific memory in lab rats using an experimental drug. They trained the rats to associate a particular sound with pain. They were then able to make those rats forget that sound by giving them a combination of drugs.
The scientists say this could be a big breakthrough for future development in the field of psychiatrics. Especially for people dealing with trauma related conditions. Personally I think it is a little scary. To think that in the near future someone might be able to selectively edit some of my memories is quite frightening. So much of who I am and how I react to daily life is based on my memory. Removing those memories could seriously change who I am.

Scientists Wipe out a single memory

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home